At St. Rose School, the call for service to others is integrated into every classroom. Here is a sampling of the service projects we are involved in.
Ongoing all school service projects:
- Delivering lunches to St. Francis Dining Hall once a month
- Mac-n-Cheese and Tuna, Please food drive
- Northwest Children’s Outreach
Classroom service projects:
- 1st grade collects pop-tabs for the Ronald McDonald House.
- 2nd grade makes bi-monthly visits to a local retirement/care center.
- 3rd grade visits the children at Providence Child Center several times a year.
- 4th grade does flag duty.
- 5th grade volunteers at Loaves and Fishes once a month and does safety patrol duty.
- 6th grade takes care of weekly recycling throughout the school and parish and delivers the lunches to St. Francis each month.
- 5th-8th grade students act as altar servers at their parish churches and regularly help St. Rose parish with St. Vincent de Paul deliveries
- 7th and 8th grade students have a service hour requirement and a reflection paper is due at the end of the year.